What is Hypnobirthing?
Feeling confident and prepared for your big day, is the key to achieving a positive and satisfying birth experience and the practice of 'Hypnobirthing' will show you how to do that.
When we use the word 'Hypnosis' here, what we really mean is 'a deep state of relaxation' (don't let the word
freak you out!)
The 'Wise Hippo Birthing programme' uses guided relaxation, intense concentration, and focused attention to achieve a heightened state of awareness that is often called a 'trance like state'. Your attention will become so focused while in this deeply relaxed state that anything going on around you is temporarily blocked out or ignored.
Now imagine that happening as you are birthing your baby? Imagine being able to filter out people, lights, noise and even feelings whilst birthing. The mind is a very powerful tool indeed! I have used it personally with my 3rd birth experience, and it is due to my experience, that le me to train and teach it to empower other women!
You will learn simple yet powerful techniques that ensure that you are able to remain emotionally and physically relaxed during labour enabling your body to work at its best.
The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme
Whilst The Wise Hippo may use hypnosis as part of its suite of tools and techniques, it doesn’t mean that it has the same view on birth as other traditional hypnobirthing courses.
Because what we want for you is to have THE RIGHT BIRTH ON THE DAY which remains to be our motto and what we
really believe in.
Focussing on having THE RIGHT BIRTH ON THE DAY,
my 4 week programme provides you with the opportunity to create a positive mindset about birth, whilst building up your ability to make sure that everything that happens on the day (and beforehand if necessary) is what you believe is the right course of action for you to take..
You might wonder why this approach is so important...It is because it is only realistic to understand that life throws us curved balls sometimes and we may not get the birth
we initially hoped for.
If a curve ball turn up ,you can use the tools and techniques you’ve learnt to remain emotionally in control. You can make sure that you ask all of the right questions of your medical caregivers, so that you fully understand all of the decisions that you make, which means that you will be able to look back on our baby’s birth no matter how it turns out on the day and know it was right for you and your baby.
Is it for me?
Are you worrying about whether you can practice (or even believe!) in hypnosis?
Are you wondering if you would cope with the 'pain' of childbirth or ‘handle it’ if you need intervention?
Maybe you are thinking “I better not do a course like The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme because they are going to tell me that I can’t have an epidural, or that I won’t need it because I won’t feel any pain if I just do as they say?”
Perhaps you are frightened of setting yourself up because you’ve heard that if hypnobirthing goes well then it’s like a dream come true, but if it goes badly then you are going to feel like you’ve failed.
Perhaps you've also just heard great Hypnobirthing stories, and you now want to experience it for yourself!
If you had any of those thoughts, then this course is for you! Read on...
How will Hypnobirthing help me?
The belief that childbirth is dangerous and extremely painful is deeply imbedded in our culture. Fear creates tension in the body which keeps a woman’s body from being able to let go and give birth easily. In our classes, fear of childbirth is dispelled through education about the normal, physiologic process of birth.
You will learn how the mind impacts the body’s ability to relax and give birth via proven techniques of deep relaxation, visualization, and self love.
The main benefit for a couple who takes these classes is an increased level of confidence in their ability to have a respectful and easier, gentler birth, no matter what course their birth takes.
During our 4 week classes, you will also learn and practice useful breathing techniques, understand the physiology of birth, partner support, advocating for your rights in childbirth & much more. We will also watch beautiful and positive birth videos at the end of every class!
* Classes are recommended to be started anytime between 20-34 weeks of pregnancy *
What do you receive upon registration to a course?
- Your Wise Hippo Book easy-read workbook (couriered to you)
- A digital flip book of the Wise Hippo programme - included!
- 8+ downloadable MP3's (from client unique website access)
- Access to 90+ videos and resources on Wise Hippo video library
- A comprehensive 3-hour prenatal Breastfeeding class with a Lactation Consultant IBCLC (NEW)
- Partner/Husband to attend with you (even from any other location worldwide!)
- A 'Meet & Greet' welcome session to go through expectations, what you receive, answer doubts and meet other parents-to-be! (NEW)
- Weekly re-cap emails with extra information and resources to better support you in your journey
- Your instructor continuous support throughout the programme and beyond via email or phone
- Invitation to join dedicated Wise Hippo FB group to interact, share and read experiences
- Invitation to private course Hypnobirthing whats app group for quick updates and recommendations
- Invitation to our 'Positive pregnancy & birth' support whats app group
- 15% DISCOUNT ON VIRTUAL OR PHYSICAL DOULA SUPPORT (may vary according to your due date)